Collection of personal protective equipment (PPE) on the request of the Québec Ministry of Health and Social Services
We are issuing an appeal today in the spirit of mutual aid, so that together we can get through the health crisis related to COVID-19. More specifically, the Québec government is asking for the collaboration of the QFMA’s members in assessing options in providing better support to the health system. As some of the Association’s members are in the Major Business category, you may be able to help in this regard.
The government is seeking products to meet the demand in the supplying of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Here is the list of products that could play a key role in reducing the risk of having a short to mid-term equipment shortage. The products would have to be in sealed boxes or cartons that have never been opened, or on palettes. Note that the government is currently looking for equipment in stock, no orders in progress. The amount paid will be the fair market value, which will be established by the MSSS based on the average price paid by the MSSS during the pandemic. If this price is lower than the price actually paid by the company, the MSSS will pay the amount paid by the company upon presentation of the initial purchase invoice.
If the quantities offered are below the minimum thresholds established, we ask companies, if they wish, to make a donation. To do this, they can get in touch with the contact person at the nearest establishment.
All the links are in French.
- AAMI 3 Isolation Gown (Long-sleeve gown, single-use and disposable) (100 units minimum)
- Protective cleanroom suit (100 units minimum)
- 12-inch nitrile sterile exam glove, powder-free (10 boxes of 50 or more)
- Foaming antiseptic gel, 72% alcohol (1 box of 1300 ml bottles or more)
- Hand sanitizing wipes with 66% alcohol (minimum of 500 wipes)
- Procedure mask (box of 20 minimum)
- N95 mask, 3M or Moldex (box of 20 minimum)
- Frame (protective eyewear) CAN/CSA Z94.3 standard approved (50 units minimum)
- Visor ou facial protection (50 units minimum)
- Niosh N95 Respirator mask (50 units minimum)
Should you happen to have these types of products in your business, write to and send your shipping form (in French) to Groupe Robert which is supporting the government in this initiative at the following address: EPICOVID19@robert.ca. Transport Robert’s unique pickup number will act as the purchase order number.
Thank you in advance for your collaboration.